no sugar added raspberry jam



Raspberry Jam has a special place in my heart. As a child I would walk around the corner to my grandparents house where they always had the BEST bushes of raspberries. I would spend hours in their garden picking ripe juicy raspberries! Not only would I devour them right off the bush, but I would smother my bread with fresh raspberry jam that my grandmother would make, and still does to this day. It is definitely one of my favorite memories as a child.

This raspberry jam recipe isn't my grandmothers recipe unfortunately... but it is still a bomb jar of raspberry jam with no added sugar! I used fresh raspberries from my garden, but store bought and frozen raspberry work just as great!

I typically like raspberry jam on a warm slice fo wheat bread with butter, but lately I have been tossing it on top of waffles, oatmeal, granola, and let me tell ya, its pretty dang good!

Okay enough of me talking, lets get to the recipe!!  







INGREDIENTS
2 cups raspberries
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp lemon juice

DIRECTIONS
  1. Place all ingredients into a shallow sauce pan.
  2. Allow the mixture to heat for 3 minutes at medium heat. Bring the heat down to low and let the mixture sit for another 5 minutes, stir every few minutes. 
  3. Pour the mixture into a jar with a lid and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours. 
  4. Once the mixture has chilled for a few hours it will be thickened up and ready to serve!



Share your thoughts :