Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Bars


Welcoming fall with chocolate chip pumpkin bars! These bars are healthy enough to be eaten as a snack, but even better to indulge for dessert! Kick your pumpkin baking season off with Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bars!:)

I have been counting down the days to start baking pumpkin, I lovve it! Add pumpkin to just anything and I will eat it! As much as I fantasize about pumpkin, I don't quit as much for fall. I know... I know..,  fall is great because the weather is perfect, leafs are changing, and all that fun stuff, but I can't help dread that winter is right around the corner, and its soon to be FREEZING here in Utah! But luckily, I have these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars to stuff in my face for the next few months!!! and then its winter....



INGREDIENTS
1 cup canned pumkin puree
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond butter (or nut butter or choice)
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  3. Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond butter, almond milk, and eggs to a large bowl.
  4. Mix until well combined, smooth, and creamy.
  5. Add in coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and remaining spices.
  6. Gently fold in chocolate chips into batter. 
  7. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan, bake for 25- 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
  8. Transfer pan to a wire tack to cool.
NOTES
Dairy Free: use dairy free chocolate chips or chocolate bar 
Bake Time: Depending on the brand of coconut flour you use will effect the baking time ; keep a close eye while they bake



*Recipe from Ambitiouskitchen.com*




Share your thoughts :