Peanut Butter Date Balls


Chewy sweet & salty Peanut Butter Date Balls. Five ingredients, no sugar, gluten free, vegan, and DELICIOUS!

I am SO excited to be sharing this recipe with you on my blog! This recipe was adapted from my uttermost favorite snack 'These PEANUTS go on a DATE bars' from Trader Joes! I discovered the bars a few month ago when I was looking for a healthier snack to bring with me to school, long story short, I was obsessed by first bite and found myself buying them weekly! Considering I was buying these every week, it started to add up, or should I say decrease, in my wallet lol. Sooo I decided to resolve the problem by making them myself. I thought I would be able to find 'These Peanut Butter Date Balls' recipe on my most entrusted source: Pintrest. But to my surprise there was nothing (I know, rare!),  the next place to explore was Trader Joes website, sadly there was no recipe, so guessing the recipe with the listed ingredients would just have to do. After testing a few different recipes,  I think I got it pretty dang close to the real deal! 



INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup pintful peanut butter (or any other brand)
1/4 chopped dry roasted peanuts
2 tbsp chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
2 tbsp flax seed meal
1/2 tsp sea salt

DIRECTIONS


  1. Place 1 1/2 cup pitted dates into a food processor. Pulse until it reaches a smooth paste.
  2. In a medium size bowl mix together date paste and peanut butter until combined. 
  3. Add flax seed meal and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts into the mixture, mixing until the ingredients are well combined. 
  4. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls, place a few peanuts on top (optional), and sprinkle a small pinch of salt on top!
  5. Store in airtight container refrigerated


Share your thoughts :